Repeated UTIs & Bladder Cancer Diagnosis
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/urinary-tract-infection/symptoms-causes/syc-20353447. Published August 25, 2017. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Signs and Symptoms of Bladder Cancer. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/bladder-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/signs-and-symptoms.html. Published May 23, 2016. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Vermeulen SH, Hanum N, et al. Recurrent urinary tract infection and risk of bladder cancer in the Nijmegen bladder cancer study. Br J Cancer. 3 Feb 2015; 112(3), 594-600. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4453642/. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Richards KA, Ham S, Cohn JA, Steinberg GD. Urinary tract infection-like symptom is associated with worse bladder cancer outcomes in the Medicare population: Implications for sex disparities. International Journal of Urology. Jan 2016; 23(1), 42-7. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/iju.12959. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Could Persistent UTI-like Symptoms be Bladder Cancer? University of Rochester Medical Center. https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/patients-families/health-matters/june-2015/could-persistent-uti-like-symptoms-be-bladder-canc.aspx. Published June 23, 2015. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Women and Bladder Cancer. Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network. https://www.bcan.org/women-bladder-cancer. Published May 31, 2017. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Bladder Cancer. Cancer.net. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/bladder-cancer. Accessed July 3, 2018.
- Jiang X, Castelao JE, et al. Urinary tract infections and reduced risk of bladder cancer in Los Angeles. Br J Cancer. 10 Mar 2009; 100(5), 834-9. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2653778/. Accessed July 3, 2018.