1st - All of you are heroes. I have been reading your stories and am inspired. Honestly, incredibly brave stories I am reading.
2nd - Apologies in advance but looking for advice..
Background: Microhematuria since 2015
- 49yr Old Male...
- Kidney stone issues 2016, 2018, 2022 (1 in Jan, 1 in Feb)
- Migraine medication was likely the cause
(changed meds in Mar '22)
- Had several CAT Scans over the years (3-4) due to Kidney Stones
(Most recent was in Feb '22)
- Had a Cystoscopy in 2018 (was negative)
- Recent check up Oct '22 Urinalysis (Dip Stick only) showed 2+ blood in urine (not sure how much that is/what 2+ means)
- My father had a history of Microhematuria (undefined cause - not BC)
I had a good check up conversation with Dr. during the visit and he never mentioned the blood in urine results... When I saw the test results on-line I asked Doc and Nurse about the Blood... and should I be concerned/do something.
After several inconsistent discussions with Nurses and Dr. (one nurse says 2+ is really nothing when it comes to someone with my history, another nurse seemed to have different opinion). Dr. did not say recommend Cystoscopy and die CAT Scan test...but ordered them only AFTER I called to check up on blood in urine test result (which he knew of). Dr. said "you are in 10% bracket...so I can only give you info and you make the call" UGGGGGGG
Which brings me to my question...
- All of you are experts here....should I have these tests done? I know that more radiation (CAT scan) is not the best for that area...not to mention the unpleasantness of whole scope thing..
Apologies for this seemingly trivial request for advice....All of you are much stronger than I and I feel bad for even asking. My mind is my greatest enemy with this...
Any advice / resource sites would be appreciated.